Wiltshire CLT is not the only place you can come to for the latest news, information, advice and help about how to set up a community-led organisation to acquire and develop land and other assets.
There is a range of different organisations that offer advice, tools and resources that may be of use to you. We are all here to offer you whatever help we can to set up a organisation that can take on assets work to make your community more sustainable now into the future.
On your doorstep:
- Community First – see www.communityfirst.org.uk for a wide range of community programmes for local people in Wiltshire and Swindon, including grants.
- Wiltshire Forum for Community Area Partnerships – a great site for keeping up to date with the opportunities, training and activities for Wiltshire’s many enterprising Community Area Partnerships.
- Develop – see www.developecs.org.uk/ – for information on the support and resources available for voluntary groups
- Local Authorities for advice, planning and housing issues, grants, loans, transfer of publicly owned assets, and information about Area Boards:
- The National CLT Network – www.communitylandtrusts.org.uk – the hub for the CLT network, where you can find the latest CLT news and an excellent basic step-by-step guide on how to set up a CLT.
- The CLT Fund – www.cltfund.org.uk – information on CLT start-up grants, feasibility funds and loans, and a financial appraisal tool.
- The Homes & Communities Agency – www.homesandcommunities.co.uk – investment grant, project development and housing management advice, and some useful planning tools – http://www.homesandcommunities.co.uk/ourwork/viability-planning-tools
- Locality – www.locality.org.uk – a membership organisation supporting community-led enterprises of all kinds, with expert advice available on the Community Rights to be found at My Community.
- Plunkett Foundation – http://www.plunkett.co.uk/whatwedo/index.cfm – a great source of information on community shops, food enterprises and pubs