Wiltshire CLT is not the only place you can come to for the latest news, information, advice and help about how to set up a community-led organisation to acquire and develop land and other assets.
There is a range of different organisations that offer advice, tools and resources that may be of use to you. We are all here to offer you whatever help we can to set up a organisation that can take on assets work to make your community more sustainable now into the future.
On your doorstep:
- Homes of Our Own – see www.homesofourown.co.uk for details of the services provided by the community-led housing hub for Wiltshire and Swindon.
- Community First – see www.communityfirst.org.uk for a wide range of community programmes for local people in Wiltshire and Swindon, including grants.
- Wiltshire Forum for Community Area Partnerships – a great site for keeping up to date with the opportunities, training and activities for Wiltshire’s many enterprising Community Area Partnerships.
- Develop – see www.developecs.org.uk/ – for information on the support and resources available for voluntary groups
- Local Authorities for advice, planning and housing issues, grants, loans, transfer of publicly owned assets, and information about Area Boards:
- The National CLT Network – www.communitylandtrusts.org.uk – the hub for the CLT network, where you can find the latest CLT news and an excellent basic step-by-step guide on how to set up a CLT.
- Community Led Homes – see https://www.communityledhomes.org.uk/for information on community-led housing, how to make it happen and where to find advice and information.
- Homes England – formally the Homes and Communities Agency, see https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/homes-england for details on funding opportunities and information about being a Registered Provider of social housing.
- Locality – www.locality.org.uk – a membership organisation supporting community-led enterprises of all kinds, with expert advice available on the Community Rights to be found at My Community.
- Neighbourhood Planning – see https://neighbourhoodplanning.org/ for information and support around neighbourhood planning.
- Plunkett Foundation – http://www.plunkett.co.uk/whatwedo/index.cfm – a great source of information on community shops, food enterprises and pubs
Photo, from left to right: Bob Paterson (Community Land and Finance), Catherine Harrington (National CLT Network Coordinator, Rose Seagrief (WCLT), David Warburton (Homes and Communities Agency), Trevor Beattie (Chair of the RICS Land & Society Commission), Trevor Cherrett (WCLT)