Having an idea for developing a community asset is one thing, making it happen is another. Developing a piece of land or a building from scratch may be new to a lot of the people involved in a community-led group, however skilled and knowledgeable each individual is. Getting the right help from the right people at every stage can make the difference between success and failure.
Wiltshire CLT can offer your group one-to-one help whenever you need it, tailored to your needs at whatever stage you have reached. We can enable you to set up a CLT that is fit for purpose and can and does achieve your aims.
Such support might be to help your group to:
- set up a steering group to get the project going
- engage with your community effectively throughout the process
- find seed corn funding to get started
- conduct a feasibility study to check that your project is viable and sustainable
- use technical tools to help you to cost out a scheme and develop your business case
- form partnerships with other organisations to move a project on
- understand how to finance a project and where to find different types of funding
- write and present a good businesss plan
- formally register your CLT as a legal entity
- lobby key people and organisations if needed
- act as an intermediate holding body for land
If we don’t have the answer we can also signpost you to specialist advice, such as key financial, legal and development expertise.